Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Good-bye to an old friend

Today we said good-bye to Tucker. It was a very peaceful good-bye and we were able to do it at home. I love our vet! She is wonderful, sweet, caring, compassionate and truly loves her job.

The kids said their good-byes which was terribly heartbreaking to watch. Then they went upstairs to play with grandma. My husband and I sat with Tucker right in his “spot” next to our couch. He was always at my feet. A little heartbeat at my feet no matter where I was. :) So that was the best and most comfortable spot for him.

Putting a dog to sleep is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make. Thank you for all your kind words. I am going to feel the loss for a very long time. He was full of life and made a big impact on our house.

We are animal lovers in a big way. I once volunteered with a sheltie rescue group (I had 4 shelties and now 3). A little over a year ago I volunteered as a foster mom for an animal rescue group and now we have 3 cats too. I admit I am softie and end up falling in love with the animals.

Rest in peace Tucker Mans…you will forever be in my heart.

009

4 comments:

  1. What a sad time for you, I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets own a piece of our hearts, and it is difficult to let them go, but you did the right thing and gave him a loving home while he was here. You'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how your feel, we put our black lab Jess to sleep in May and I still get teary eyed when I think about her. She was a great and loyal dog from the start. And she was only 10 years old as well. They become some much a part of your family. I vowed to never get one again after this painful experience and then 2 months ago we got another. Pets truly add something special to a home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's even more difficult when you have to make the choice to say goodbye. We had to put our beloved westie (Ali) down a few years back. A few months later our first child was stillborn. We buried our beloved Ali with our baby girl. We knew Ali would take care of her as much as she took care of us. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...