Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Manage Your Time Wisely

Are you a stay at home mom? Do you work from home? How do you manage your time?

I am a stay at home mom. I also home school our children. I also run my own business from home. Do you see the pattern here? Everything needs to be managed from home, in my house, with everything else going on.

There are always distractions when you are at home. You may be home with your children all day or you may be working from a home office. There are always distractions. How you handle them is key.

I am working on this. My phone rings constantly some days. All day long. Friends, family, telemarketers it really does not matter. What matters is how to handle it. During our home schooling time I do not answer the phone. I use to. I have realized that not only does it distract all of us from our work  BUT it was sending a message to my children that the phone was more important than their schooling. Not the message I wanted to send to my children.

I also do not answer the phone if we are curled up on the couch reading, watching a show together or playing a game. I want them to know that the time I spend with them is valued.

Some people do not respect that decision. Some people get upset and mad that I did not answer the phone. Ridiculous. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard, “I called you this morning. Why didn’t you answer the phone?”.  I HOME SCHOOL. I try to run my own business from home. I have 2 children who NEED me. I know these years are going to fly by and I am trying to savor every moment. Some people just do not understand that. They get MAD. Seriously!

What do you do to handle your time?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, Thanks for checking out my blog. The links are above the photos (in green). Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate. The day flies by and you have to prioritize. There are nights when I lay down but can't sleep because I'm thinking about all the things that aren't done that could be accomplished while my little one is sleeping, but then I would be useless for both of us the following day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...